Social Skills Group for Girls
The Girls’ Social Skills Group is a one-hour nine-week programme run by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist at Macedon Ranges Health in Gisborne, Victoria.
The Girls’ Social Skills Group:
- Provides opportunities for girls to practice communication skills
- Meets weekly in a familiar atmosphere and involves fun activities
- Takes place within a consistent small group setting
- Is an opportunity to meet new people and make friends
- Allows participants to work at their own pace on specific social skills goals
- For girls who have been given an ASD diagnosis or social skills difficulties
Who may this Girls’ Social Skills Group be suitable for?
Girls who like to learn more about:
- rules of conversation and storytelling
- using verbal and non-verbal signals to initiate interaction
- understanding what is not explicitly stated and learn more about ambiguous meanings of language
- how to talk to people and share news with friends.
The nine-week program is run at Macedon Ranges Health, Gisborne on:
Thursdays: 5pm to 6 pm – Girls 9-12 years old
Fridays: 4pm to 5 pm – Girls 6-8 years old
NOTE: Numbers are limited and participants need to commit for 9 weeks
Term Fee: $150
If you or anyone you know is interested in joining this group please contact Macedon Ranges Health on 5428 0300.
Parents and Siblings are welcome to stay to share a cuppa with other families at our onsite café.
All participants will need to complete an application form.